OGCI Climate Investments announces
Venture Day “Towards Zero Methane Emissions”
- OGCI Climate Investments, the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative’s investment arm, announces their first Venture Day on June 25, 2018 in Washington DC.
- The company is committing up to USD 20 million to invest in technologies and business ideas that have the potential to significantly reduce methane emissions across the energy value chain from well to point of use.
- Companies with promising technologies and/or business models in the areas of methane detection, measurement and mitigation along the energy value chain are invited to submit their proposals.
Houston, March 7, 2018: Pratima Rangarajan, CEO of OGCI Climate Investments, announced at CERAWeek today, that the company’s first Venture Day “Towards Zero Methane Emissions” would be held on Monday, June 25, 2018 in Washington DC.
OGCI Climate Investments is committing up to USD $20 million to invest in technologies and business ideas that have the potential to significantly reduce methane emissions across the energy value chain and that can be commercialised and deployed at scale.
OGCI Climate Investments and their venture partners are inviting companies with promising technologies and/or business models in the areas of methane detection, measurement and mitigation, along the energy value chain, to submit their ideas or funding proposals. Ten to fifteen companies will be selected to present at the Venture Day. Successful applicants will benefit from funding, technical expertise, and potential piloting and deployment opportunities.
Pratima Rangarajan, CEO of OGCI Climate Investments, said “Natural gas is an excellent source of power, heat and raw materials for everyday life. Any leaks across production, distribution and use will result in emissions of methane, a key greenhouse gas that causes climate change. We are committed to stopping the leaks and moving toward zero methane emissions. Join us with technologies and solutions”.
Methane emissions reduction is one of OGCI Climate Investments’ focus areas in addition to carbon capture, utilisation and storage, energy efficiency and transport efficiency.
Notes to editors
- The Oil and Gas Climate Initiative is a voluntary, CEO-led initiative which aims to lead the industry response to climate change.
- Launched in 2014, OGCI is currently made up of ten oil and gas companies that pool expert knowledge and collaborate on action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Its billion-dollar investment arm, OGCI Climate Investments, supports the development, deployment and scale-up of low emissions technology.
Contacts: Media Enquiries: E. OGCI@hkstrategies.com T. +44 (0)207 413 3448