The Oil and Gas Climate Initiative, its members and subsidiaries, and OGCI Climate Investments LLP and its members and subsidiaries (“the Company” or “we“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of this policy, “Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable legislation relating to data protection, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and all legislation implementing or made under or pursuant to or replacing or superseding the Act or the GDPR including any UK data protection legislation replacing the GDPR on exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union. Where this policy uses terms which are defined in the GDPR, then the definitions set out in the GDPR will apply.
Pursuant to Data Protection Legislation, the Company is the controller of the personal information we collect about you from the site except for personal information you specifically provide to another identified entity via the website such as Oil and Gas Climate Investments LLP to whom you specifically provide personal information in which event that entity will be the data controller of that personal information. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us or the specific entity to whom you have provided your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the site such as the Investment Form or the Venture Day application or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register with our site, contact us, subscribe to receive further information and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number, job title and the company you work for.
Depending on the context of your communication with the Company, we will use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiry or provide you with information that you request from us;
- to provide you with information we offer that is similar to that which you have already purchased or enquired about;
- consider how your business could support or work with our business;
- evaluate any investment opportunities that your business offers;
- respond to any existing client, supplier or partner of ours in relation to a pre-existing agreement or relationship;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
You are entitled to withdraw your consent to us contacting you by e-mail or by telephone for this reason at any time. If you subsequently decide that you do not want to hear from us about the service we could provide to your business, please let us know by emailing [email protected] with the subject heading “Unsubscribe” or please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email that we have sent to you. Withdrawing your consent will not affect our use of the personal information prior to you withdrawing that consent but it will mean that we will not be able to contact you about the services we may be able to offer you or your business in the future.
- Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our contact number.
We will use the above information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
We may use your personal information with others in order to confirm your identity and respond to your enquiry and by visiting our site you agree to the following disclosures:
- we may check your personal information by searching for your name and that of your business in a publicly available and private database of businesses and individuals, which will use the details entered by us to provide us with the search results. For example, we may use databases such as those retained by LinkedIn or Companies House for this purpose;
- we may pass your information to selected third parties including:
- companies participating in the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Records of personal information
We will keep a record of the personal that we receive from you in order to answer your enquiry, to contact you about any potential investment opportunities or in response to an enquiry from one of our existing suppliers. We will keep a copy of your personal information held for the specific purpose for which it was provided, until the subject matter of your enquiry has come to an end and we no longer need to comply with a legal obligation that requires us to retain your personal information.
- Transfers outside the EEA: where we store your data
Where we pass your personal information to parties located outside of the EEA that do not offer adequate protection, if they are not subscribed to an approved data protection framework, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield that permits us to transfer the personal information to them from the UK, we will enter into agreements which enable us to transfer that personal information to them and that enable you to exercise your rights in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Rights
With respect to the personal information that the Company collects about you from the site, pursuant to the applicable Data Protection Legislation, you have the right to:
- request access to that personal information;
- receive a copy of the personal information that you have provided to the Company in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so that you can share it with others;
- Where personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, ask for personal information to be rectified or completed;
- ask that personal information to be erased; and
- object to us processing your personal information by asking for the processing of that personal information to be restricted or stopped. For example, if the Company uses personal information for marketing purposes or to make other decisions automatically.
Please note that we will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- Access to Information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
- How to disable cookies
If you would like to disable cookies you need to change your browser setting to reject cookies. However, if you use your browser setting to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our site. How to do this will depend on the type of browser you use. We have provided examples of how to disable cookies on the most popular browsers below:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the “tools” menu then “Internet Options”;
- Click on the “privacy” tab; and
- Select the appropriate setting.
- Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the “tools” menu then “Options”;
- Click on the “privacy” icon; and
- Find the “cookie” menu and select the relevant options.
- Third party cookies